FUEL CMS uses CodeIgniter 2.0. If you are familiar with installing CodeIgniter, then many of the following steps will seem familiar to you.
- Alter your Apache .htaccess file to the proper RewriteBase directory. The default is your web server's root directory. If you do not have mod_rewrite enabled, you will need to change the $config['index_page'] from blank to 'index.php' in your fuel/application/config/config.php file
- Install the database by first creating the database in MySQL and then running either fuel/install/fuel_schema.sql OR the fuel/install/widgicorp.sql with the latter if you want the demo site to run. If you have installed a previous version of FUEL CMS, you can run the fuel/install/fuel_0.9.2_upgrade.sql file. After installing the database, change the database configuration found in fuel/application/config/database.php
- Make the following folders writable:
- If you are wanting to edit pages in FUEL, change the $config['fuel_mode'] configuration property to AUTO in the fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php file. This must be done to view the demo site.
- WARNING: Make sure the fuel/data_backup folder and fuel/crons folder is inaccessible to the web. The .htaccess file that comes with FUEL, blocks the fuel/data_backup and fuel/cron folders by default
- To access the FUEL admin, go to: